Look how you think that my mystique is a round of applause

When I started this small blog I had promised myself an article a day. The first few days were easy, ideas were running wild in my brain- y...

Of Guests and Visitors

When I started this small blog I had promised myself an article a day. The first few days were easy, ideas were running wild in my brain- you know!, excitement was at an all-time high, I could dish out even two articles in a day but then  life happened, my creative juices run low, the articles became fewer and fewer, I got busy – or  rather I use my work as an excuse. It has been days ever since I did an article and my baby is hungry so I did what any smart man would do, I reached out to a long-time friend, she is always hinting she writes and asked her to do an article for my blog.
For her like it is for me, writing is a way of expression, some people scream, some people go online and become activists, some sing, some book a flight to Malindi for sky diving, some even change their eating  habits to those of a rabbit but for people like us , we pick a pen and paper or open up a word application and get down to business, pouring our hearts and souls, never reading through our materials after we are done- because our clerical errors show how much our hearts were bleeding as we wrote. Most closeted writers write because it’s the only way to make sense of this senseless and violent world, some write because it feels safer to write than to talk, some like me write to ease the noise in their heads.
Writing is an art, you see, and like any form of art there are different styles to it and every style comes with its own set of critics and fans but at the end of the day what matters is if the creator/ author really feels that their work is good enough to them, furthermore its 2018, it’s very hard to fully satisfy anyone.
Well, (drum rolls) join me to welcome another budding writer, (also I hear it’s her first time sharing any of her original literal material so be polite, no misbehaving, no?
Remember when you were young? You thought that life would be a smooth ride, you had this perception about life that you would go to high school then campus and after that you would start working… You had no idea what awaited you on the outside world. Innocently, you depended on your parents for everything. You would wait for your mum to bath you, dress you and maybe feed you of which you would fall asleep before you even finished your meal and you would be taken to bed.
You would get angry if you found no food in the house or if they prepared what you didn’t want to take for dinner on that particular day. You never thought of the struggles they had gone through to even put that food on the table for you. You never had the time to even think of such a thing right?
Being a kid is such a fun stage, you did not have to worry about anything. You did not have to worry about how your day will be, what to eat or what to put on. The only thing that would probably stress you is that friend who threatened you just because you refused to share your “chapatis and “beans” the previous day, well, you would know how special this meal was especially if you attended any public school.
You remember that first day that you stepped in a public school well having coming from a private school it would be hard for you to adopt here.you would understand me if you happened to go to a public school…..
Now you are all grown and you are now insecure, insecure of your dark thoughts and your ego. You know have to work for yourself and believe that you are good enough ‘why do they always have to wake up this early for work? ‘This is the question you would ask yourself while you were young right? Well, you do not need an answer for it now. You know that life awaits you, you have to make it or make it.
You’ve now tasted life outside school, you now understand what it means to be broke, heartbroken and what life is all about really…
 The End
 Signed Margaret Kimani

Well, like most millennials she decided to do her article at the last minute that’s why it a little over five words, after all, (British accent) procrastination never hurt anyone, ei?  (rolls eyes).  Well, dear guest writer I felt like you had a lot to say were it not for the fact that you were in such a hurry to submit your work two hours after said deadline also you now have an audience, might not be many,  but we all start from somewhere don’t we?

0 comments: