Look how you think that my mystique is a round of applause

It is hard to identify as an individual for most millennials, anyone born between the late 80’s and 2000. Half of us suffer from failure to...

New Age Millenial

It is hard to identify as an individual for most millennials, anyone born between the late 80’s and 2000. Half of us suffer from failure to achieve ego identity (identity crisis), some knowingly, most unknowingly. We react to meeting different people in different ways i.e. meet me when I’m feeling insecure and you’ll end up thinking I’m a quiet person but when I’m all confident you’ll get to know another  totally different person and  then again my persona will also depend on whether I like you or not. It’s in trying to reconcile all this personalities that we get lost …we don’t know who we are … we feel fake ….we try too hard really.
We look at our parents and the generation before us and they feel stable, they seem to know who they are and we tend to think that’s how life supposed to be. In this age of emotional intelligence, most people have become aware of various mental health issues affecting us, issues that were apparently not discovered by the x generation. Childhood issues, Clinical depression, Anxiety disorders, Bipolar disorder, Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, Obsessive compulsive disorder, Post-traumatic stress disorder- these are all drawbacks of realizing our brains are much more than computer processors.
We come so far as race, we now have the freedom to choose what we want to be and there are no limits to what we can opt to become.

I started this post hoping I’d write more but I realize I haven’t really thought this through, it needs more research.
Lemmi leave this half cooked article here but  I’ll be back
Have a crazy weekend mates

0 comments: